Antivirus solution for workstations and personal computers. An efficient protection tool for very small offices (up to 10 PCs) which do not need centralized management nor server protection, home office users and home users.
- Antivirus and anti-spyware engine;
- Anti-rootkit protection;
- Boot-time scanner;
- Heuristics engine;
- Multi-threaded scanning optimization;
- Silent/gaming mode;
- Smart incremental virus definition updates;
- Real-time protection (thanks to file, mail and Web shields);
- Green computing (Minimal footprint on memory, CPU and other computer resources thanks to its efficient technology.);
- Customizable installation (You can choose to install only the components you need.);
- Easy to use graphical interface;
- Streaming, real-time virus database updates (via connection to avast!® Virus Lab Cloud);
- Software Updater to help you keep all your software up to date in order to prevent malware attacks which specifically target known vulnerabilities;
- Browser Cleanup for removing unwanted toolbars and plug-ins from your browser;
- Rescue disk allows you to create an image of your avast!® installation and save it on a USB stick, a CD or a DVD. That way if anything nasty happens to your PC, you have the USB stick or rescue disk ready to run avast!® to clean and restore your PC, so that it can restart normally;
- Command-line scanner functionality;
- avast!® SafeZone™ (The state-of-the-art technology which opens a new [clean] desktop so that other applications can’t see what’s happening and leaves no traces once it’s closed. Perfect for banking and secure online ordering/shopping!);
- avast!® Sandbox (Allows you to run applications in an isolated virtual environment so that no attack can harm your real PC. Ideal solution to try softwares coming from sources you don't fully trust without taking any risk... Please note that this technology is not available under Microsoft® Windows™ XP 64-bit.);
- And much more...
Minimum hardware requirements
- Intel® Pentium™ 3 (or equivalent) processor or newer;
- 128 MB of RAM;
- 500 MB of free hard disk space.
Operating Systems supported
- Microsoft® Windows™ 8.1 (any edition, 32-bit or 64-bit, except RT Edition);
- Microsoft® Windows™ 8 (any edition, 32-bit or 64-bit, except RT Edition);
- Microsoft® Windows™ 7 (any edition, 32-bit or 64-bit);
- Microsoft® Windows™ Vista (any edition, 32-bit or 64-bit, except Starter Edition);
- Microsoft® Windows™ XP with Service Pack 2 or higher (any edition, 32-bit or 64-bit).